Friday, March 17, 2006

Papa Don't Pay

I can't wait to see where this story goes. This is actually something that I've believed in for a number of years. My approach is that a man, upon learning that a woman has become impregnated with his child (and she has proven that its his child), the man should be able to sign a legal document that precludes him from ever contacting the child or making any claims on the child (including any contacting the child for medical assistance, ie organs) and the man has no legal obligation to support the child financially.
While I am aware that this case will likely lose, I am pleased that it is being addressed. Men are often afterthoughts in the reproductive process, reduced to simply being a source of revenue. This needs to change, and men need to be afforded some input into the reproductive process, beyond the initial deposit.

No comments: