Sunday, February 26, 2006

TNA Musings...And Other Thoughts

Once again, I find myself watching TNA Impact! on a Saturday night. And, once again, I find myself having some critical thoughts about the product.
  • With each passing week, my unrequited love for Gail Kim grows.
  • Eric Young is the most entertaining thing on the show.
  • That being said, I really think that making JJJ and Sting such a focus of the show is a big mistake. People don't like JJJ, and many people will change the channel to get away from him. Yet there he is, surrounded by the two beautiful ladies, the up and coming young talent, and the head booker. All for an angle involving a man who has wrestled all of one match thus far this year, and fewer than that the year before.
  • Konnan's LAX needs someone besides Machete. But to be honest, I can't think of another Hispanic wrestler who would fit. It would be interesting to see Amazing Red as a heel, but I don't think it would work. An underdog heel doesn't really work.
  • This punishment of Austin Aries and Roderick Strong is a big mistake. While I can understand TNA's point, yet also sympathize with Aries and Strong, I think there should be some happy medium. At this point, TNA is cutting off their nose to spite their face, denying two of the most promising young talents in their organization an opportunity to impress their fans. They are depriving Aries and Strong of a paycheck, but they are also cutting off a good angle, and taking away two of the wrestlers who help to provide a counterpoint to the WWE product. Nobody wins here.
  • I hate Larry Zybysko. Seeing him on television makes me want to kill puppies, because that would be more enjoyable than watching him.
  • Bullet Bob Armstrong could kick my ass.
  • Kip James needs to lose a hair vs hair match.
  • I can't believe Christian did a 'Bangkok' on television. That, my friends, is money. Chocolate bar money.
  • But Gail Kim is still hotter than both of them.
  • I still think the Ultimate X match between Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles is a big mistake right now. And having Larry Zybysko out there, talking about how perilous the match is just cheapens the match. Zybysko and X-Division go together like Matt Hardy and good career decisions.
  • Jackie Gayda is pretty damn hot. Charlie Haas is a lucky, lucky man.
  • But she's no Gail Kim.

No comments: